Sunday, April 8, 2018

San Diego go go...

I’ve been here 5 days now and it’s been just wonderful!  Seriously.  I know most of you know this wonderful city but in case you forgot, may I please share with you how cool it has been for me!!  Of course, it’s not where you are but who you’re with but when you can have it all, breathe, smile and enjoy.

Rhea, my Filipino “daugher” picked me up on Wednesday in La Jolla, after Melinda returned to the OC.  We explored the rest of the coves, at least another piece and went down to the cave through the shell gift shop.



Rhea has been my dedicated cheery sweet driver around this town she calls home at the moment. I think she’s exhausted from being my chauffeur and tour guide, all the wonderful foods and drinks that she is taking a nap at the moment... I wish I could but I’ll keep on typing.

Of course, daughter-like-mother, we like to eat.  She took me to Pacific Beach to Jrdn (which I thought meant Jardin not Jordan..) at Tower 23.  We had a delectable happy hour-dinner by the boardwalk, by the ocean.  I mean, who wouldn’t be happy then there...





After all the oysters, smoked scallop, octopus and Brussels sprouts, we took a walk to grab the end of the farmers market in Ocean Beach and a bit of the drum circle.  Such a vibrant and eclectic town that just calls to the burner in my heart (as in Burning Man for those who don’t know the lingo yet...).



After a relaxing morning on Thursday, we thought we would grab a light lunch.  Yeah, right.  Who are we to fool?  Suddenly we are having. 5-course omakase lunch at Sushi Ota.  I think it’s in Mission  Bay.  My baby knows.  She gets it from her mama.  The food was amazing! 




We always like to walk it off so off we went to Old Town San Diego for a stroll... and more treats.


To finish the day, my other daughter Braeanne and Tia Frida joined us for fabulous drinks at Hinder and dinner at Bueno Forchetta.  We are all a happy gourmet family! And well, this was a food blog after all, so its okay right?

:-)







No comments:

Post a Comment