Monday, April 9, 2018

Last bit of USA...

I am leaving today.  Of course I woke up at 6am and couldn’t fall back to sleep.  My heart is happy and full and yet, it hurts a little...  The last few days have been amazing!!  California has always been my favorite state and spending the last 6 days exploring some of the most southern part of it has been a blessing.  A special thank you to. Rhea for being my traveling angel (you’ll see her again, she’s joining me in Mexico a couple times...).  She is such a trooper, a foodie and a beautiful kind soul.  Of course, my heart always goes to Kassy and Doug for their unlimited love and support.  5 months with both of them went really fast and for them to come and join me this weekend to celebrate Kassy’s birthday, was a real treat.  Doug took the lead in the exploring San Diego as he has lived here about 20 years in the past and served in the Navy.  He took us to the best restaurants with the best views and best foods!  I got to experience C LevelShakespeare and Soda and Swine on Liberty Station.  And that was just Thursday!!!  Rhea suggested Extraordinary Dessert to end the day and so Kassy could have a fabulous birthday cake.  Wow, what a day!!

Of course, in between meals and drinks, I got to visit Balboa Park and Point Loma.  And again that was just Friday...

Saturday, we kept on vagabonding through this magnificent city. Rhea and I went back to Balboa park in the morning for a stroll in the rose garden and the artist enclave.  In the afternoon,  Doug took us to Hillcrest and Coronado Island. Kassy and I had our Korean birthday spa scrub day at Aqua Spa and then dinner at Bombay.

On Sunday, Rhea and I visited USS Midway in the morning and then joined Kassy and Doug for a lovely brunch at Bali Hai on Shelter Island.  What a view!! And oh, the food... couldn’t get enough crab and Korean ribs... It was time to say goodbye to two of my favorite people and it was not easy...

So I needed a drink and Rhea and I met some friends at a place in University Heights.  We ended up going downtown for dinner at Werewolf and then more drinks....  I actually had some of the best cocktails I’ve ever had in my life last night. Seriously.  Go visit Prohibition for an intimate experience with fabulous drinks and live music and Noble Experiment for another speakeasy feel.  They both blew my mind!!

And that was San Diego for me.  It has a part of my heart and soul now.  I loved every minute of it!!  I’m ready to cross over to Mexico now... see you on the other side... :-)



















1 comment: