Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Baby steps...

I started my journey yesterday with my dear and long-time friend Stacy.  We went to the Flowers Fields in Carlsbad, had lunch in Del Mar and cruised along the coast.  It was a beautiful day with just enough clouds to keep us cool and flowers to keep us happy.  I will always be so grateful for this beautiful soul for all that she’s done for me over the last 25 years.

I’ve built so many wonderful friendships in this country and they will always be in my heart and in my life.  Next, Melinda took over!  We met in Encinitas and stayed here over night.  We shared drinks at the Charthouse in Cardiff-by-the-Sea and dinner at the Roxy.  The blood orange Margarita at the Charthouse was the best thing I had all day!  I’m sure the view and the company took it to better heights!  I am so fortunate for her friendship as well.  I’m a very lucky person knowing her and she’s guided me through so many hurdles.  It’s amazing how true friends just go through life with you...

Today, Melinda and I are heading to Torrey Pines and La Jolla.  I’m taking baby steps through the rest of California before making my way to Mexico.  I’m enjoying every minute of it and the excitement of it all makes the pain of saying goodbye much smaller.  But it is still there if I look at it, so I’ll just focus on my journey, take baby steps and embrace every moment...



2 comments: