Friday, April 27, 2018

Guadalajara

I arrived here yesterday late afternoon and right off the bat, I was stuck in traffic...  After spending some quiet time in Punta Mita, this city is a big contrast.  I’m glad I was not driving!  Once we hit downtown, it was a mess.  Surprisingly enough, my hotel right in the middle of it all, is very quiet. Morales Historic Hotel is in an old historic building with courtyards and I feel like I’m in a little pocket of heaven.  Right outside the door, you definitely know you are in the 2nd biggest city in Mexico.

So this morning, I escaped and went to Lake Chapala.  It was a breath of fresh air, literally, as the wind comes off the water and cools the city down.  It was nice to take a walk on the malecon and have a quick lunch.  I also got to experience Los Voladores de Papantla.  These guys are awesome.  They play music and fly... I tried to upload a video but it’s not working so here are some pictures.




Upon returning to Guadalajara, I took a little siesta and then walked in El Centro.  There are some beautiful buildings here and the cathedral is gorgeous.  Mexican can make some impressive churches and good tequila.  Tomorrow, I’m going out-of-town again and visit the latter.



No comments:

Post a Comment