Saturday, June 2, 2018

Buenos Aires

It’s been 5 days now that I’ve been in the autonomous city of  Buenos Aires, Argentina.  Winter arrived the day after I landed and it’s been cold and rainy which is weird for me because it is June.  I’m not used to spending my birthday bundled up like an Eskimo.  I’m sure I’ll manage cause I’ll be drinking Malbec in Mendoza...

Anyway, armed with my umbrella, I’ve really been enjoying this big city with European influence. It has some cobblestone-lined streets, small and big markets, amazing restaurants, exquisite architecture, many plazas and fun bars, great neighborhoods, lively parties and a pretty good bus-subway-taxi system to get around.

Argentinians stay up late.  They eat late.  They party late.  They sleep not too late.  I’m glad I arrived with a 2-hour difference from Peru, I jumped right in.  Literally, as my friends took me to a bar where a 14-piece band was playing some latin music, on a Monday night, when I arrived.  We got there by 10:30pm and danced till midnight. Yup, I loved it.  I also went dancing on Thursday at Club 69 where they had an on-going show all night.  We left just before from 4am.  No I haven’t danced tango yet.  I went to a class but it was not happening.  I still have time...

So far, I’ve visited the neighborhoods  of Palermo, Recoleta and Centro.  The cemetery and the Teatro Colon are two of my favorite things I’ve seen so far.  Two great restaurants to try: Sunae  and Proper.  After Proper, have a drink at Verne.

Today, we went out of the city to spend the day at Tiger Isle and it was just beautiful and tranquile on the river.  The trees have colorful fall foliage. Oh yeah, that’s right it’s June in Argentina and it’s almost 10pm. I have to get ready to go out...











No comments:

Post a Comment