Friday, September 25, 2020

Two Cathedrales and One Castle




Leaving Romagnat in the morning, I went to Clermont-Ferrand to take a look at the Cathedrale de Notre-Dame-de l'Assomption made of lava rocks!  Dark and solid.  Then a mandatory stop 400 meters ahead at the Eglise de Notre Dame du Port.  


For lunch, I went to La Gargouille, in Bourges, for a lovely meal of more charcuterie along a green salad to make my body think it's okay to eat a considerable amount of pork all soaked up with a nice glass of local red.  I then took a stroll through the adjacent gorgeous gothic Cathedrale Saint Etienne de Bourges.   








I still had a total of 1 1/2 hours driving time before reaching la Loire region.  I arrived in Baccon at the Chateau La Touanne for a two-night stay.  Special thanks to my mom, this is my birthday present...

The property is exquisite.  I took a long walk through the woods, garden and courts on the grounds.  It was built in the late 17th century and is in the same family ever since.  It is so quiet here... all I can hear is the wind outside.  I'm so fortunate.  This is a dream come true.















No comments:

Post a Comment