Tuesday, March 5, 2019

When life gives you truffles, make omelet...



It happened yesterday.  My uncle's friend came down from the mountains again but this time, he brought truffles instead of sanguins (I posted about these in the fall), and I made sure to keep my phone close so he wouldn't grab it by mistake and go back home... Honestly, I've always had this love for anything truffle but never cooked them myself.  So I asked hime what do you do since he is a great cook, has his own restaurant and knows how to find these gems: an omelet.

Rinse the truffles well under cold water and scrub well with a soft brush.  Beat the eggs together until very fluffy (I used 6), add shavings of a big truffle and a bit of salt.  Melt some butter or oil in a skillet and cook your omelet until still runny...  And so we did..  It was delicate and delicious.  Next time though, I'm going to let the truffles sit in the eggs overnight to further infuse their earthy flavour into the eggs.  Bon Appetit!









1 comment:

  1. Wow! Lucky!!! This reminds me of the time morels grew in our neighbors front yard.

    ReplyDelete