Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pecans


This is probably the easiest and fastest appetizer I make and I have been using it for a very long time…  It is also one of my client’s favorite recipe since it is so simple to prepare yet delicious and versatile.  You can use different dried fruits and nuts to match a specific theme or whatever you have in your pantry.  It is also a one-stop shop at Trader Joe’s to get everything you need and everyone loves it!  So it is perfect for the holiday this week as you battle with getting everything else ready in the kitchen…

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day with your family and friends.   As this is a time to be thankful, I am grateful to do something I love.  I feel honored to share my passion for food with all the amazing people I have met in the last 17 years.  I have also learned from you and you’ve always made me feel appreciated.  Thank YOU!  And Susie, this one is for you…

Baked Brie with Cranberries and Pecans
Serves 6-8
1 wedge of Brie (8 ounces), torn into 1-inch pieces
8 ounces cream cheese, torn into 1-inch pieces
2/3 cup chopped dried cranberries (dried apricots or dried cherries)
2/3 cup unsalted chopped pecans (or walnuts or pistachios)
¼ to ½ teaspoon Herbes de Provence
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 boxes crackers

            Preheat the oven to 350ºF.  In a pie plate or similar baking dish, mix the brie and cream cheese.  Top with the cranberries, pecans, Herbes and pepper. 

            (May be assembled up to two days before and kept refrigerated.)

            Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.  Let stand a couple minutes before serving with crackers.




3 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious Caroline! I need to make this this Xmas. This is Ali from San Clemente — I used to take pictures of your cooking classes but have since moved to VA. Send my love to Veronique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ali, of course I remember you! I also enjoy your recipes every week... :-) It looks like you're enjoying VA. Take care, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caroline! Going to make it this weekend!!!! :P

    ReplyDelete