Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cauliflower and Broccoli Salad


This is my healthier version of an American classic.  There is no way I was going to use Miracle Whip in my salad.  Maybe give me another 10 years and I might reach for the jar but I am not over this one yet... So just a touch of mayonnaise and fresh lemon juice would do the trick for me.  With this hot California weather, this is a perfect salad for the season.  The broccoli, cauliflower and grapes are reminiscent of the fall but it is still a very refreshing dish for this heat wave... May be you can take it to the beach and enjoy the California sunshine...

 
½ bunch broccoli, chopped
½ bunch cauliflower, chopped
1 cup halved red grapes
½ cup raisins, chopped
1/3 cup salted and roasted sunflower seeds
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/3 cup light mayonnaise
1 ½ tablespoons lemon juice

            Place the first six ingredients in a large bowl.  Mix together the mayonnaise and lemon juice.  Toss the lemon mayonnaise with the rest of the ingredients.  Mix well and refrigerate until ready to serve.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment