Monday, September 12, 2011

Almond Butter Cookies

Oh my! I can't believe it's been a year and a half since my last blog... I really didn't last long in the blogging world... I guess life got in the way and I got distracted. I won't promise I'll be around long but today, I'm back. These cookies brought me back and I had to share them with you... At least the recipe... Enjoy...

Almond Butter Cookies

½ cup granulated sugar
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup shortening
½ cup almond butter with flax seeds
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Slivered toasted almonds


Preheatoven to 375ºF. Mix the sugars,shortening and almond butter in the bowl of a mixer. Add the egg and vanilla extract and mix well. Mix together the dry ingredients and add to the almond butter mixture.

Form the mixture intoballs and place on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Press 3 slivered almonds in each cookie as you slightly flatten them.

Bake for 10to 12 minutes or until lightly brown. Cool 5 minutes on baking sheet before transferring to a cooling rack.

1 comment: